- Expert, licensed, master and journeyman plumbers on staff
- All repairs and installs
- Real 24/7 Emergency Service Available
- The “punctual” plumber – “If there's any delay, it's you we pay!”
Looking for an expert local plumber near Goddard, Kansas? Ben Franklin is a top-rated plumbing company, servicing the greater Wichita, Kansas area including Goddard and surrounding towns of Cheney, Wichita, Clearwater and Haysville. Call to speak with one of our plumbing experts – repairs, installations, even real 24/7 emergency service. We provide both top residential plumbers and residentially related commercial plumbers and have licensed, master and journeyman plumbers on staff. Our plumbers service Goddard and surrounding towns of Cheney, Wichita, Clearwater and Haysville. They can repair and install toilets, sinks, sump pumps, water powered and battery back up sump pumps, water heaters including tankless, tank-type, hybrid and electric, water softeners and whole-house and point-of-use carbon filters, and any other plumbing related issue including sewer line repairs and installations including trenchless, sewer line clean outs and “roto rooter” repairs due to sewer pipe clogs. We also service clogged drains and showers, kitchen sinks, garbage disposals, all gas line repairs and installations, hot water dispensers, antifreeze outside faucets, water line repipes and repairs, water service repairs and installations from the meter to your house, washing machine shut off valves and hoses, commercial flush valves and all general plumbing repairs. We provide reasonable estimates, and a punctuality guarantee. Contact us today for your plumbing repairs and service needs!
Expert Plumber Service for Goddard, Kansas
Beyond basic plumbing repairs, and 24/7 Emergency service, our plumbers can help you with any plumbing need.
- Toilet Repair and Installation – We can help fix or install any type of toilet.
- Water Heater Repair and Installation – If your water heater is not working, we can give you an estimate on fixing it or replacing it with a tank type, tankless, hybrid or electric.
- Water Softener Repair and Installation – Kansas is known for hard water, and we can advise you on water softeners of all brands plus whole house and point of use carbon water filters.
- Sump Pump Repair and Installation – If your basement is damp, or your sump pump is not working, our expert plumbers can help repair or replace your sump pump plus we install and service water powered and battery back up sump pumps. We even offer 24/7 sump pump repair throughout the Goddard, Kansas, area.
- Sewer Line Repairs – Your sewer line is often your responsibility. Our plumbers can repair your sewer line, as required by Goddard codes. The brand name might be “Roto rooter” but we provide top quality sewer line rooting and repair.
- Disposal Repair and Install – If your sink disposal is not working, we can help.
Goddard, Kansas: History and Fun Facts
By 1873, Attica Township was established west of Wichita and drew many settlers from eastern states and European countries. A school house was built just north of the current city of Goddard. During this time a small settlement developed ten miles west of Wichita. It was called the Ten-Mile Post, and later, it was known as the Ten-Mile Corner. A town was established February 11, 1875 and named Blendon. The Blendon Post Office was established in 1875.
About the same time that Blendon was being built, another town was trying to develop southwest of Goddard on the A. L. Lyman farm. A post office, store and restaurant were established. A little creek running through the farm reminded Mary Lyman of her favorite song, “Flow Gently Sweet Afton.” Consequently, she named both the creek and the post office “Afton.”
A Methodist church was planned at Blendon during 1882-1883, but before construction started the Santa Fe Railroad made its second survey and located the railroad 1 1/2 miles south through the current city of Goddard.
The town site of Goddard was platted on the John Coleman farm. He homesteaded the land in 1875. The title to the NE 1/4-31-27 Sedgwick County was acquired by a patent from the U.S. Government. This had been a part of the Osage Indians Trust Lands. In 1883 Coleman sold the farm to C. M. Faulk, who, after 30 days, sold it to E. Wilder. He platted the original town of Goddard on September 20, 1883. Goddard received its name from J. F. Goddard, a surveyor, who was also the vice president and general manager of the Santa Fe Railroad Company.
Famous Goddard People & Fun Facts: Bread fact: Kansas produced a record 492.2 million bushels of wheat in 1997, enough to make 35.9 billion loaves of bread. Film director Gordon Parks, actress Zasu Pitts and actor Charles Buddy Rogers all hail from nearby to Goddard, KS.